Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it so hard to find a part number for the DCT filter for the ATAS? Or the AS in general, some things are different yet a lot of sites just seem to lump it as one bike.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Why is it so hard to find a part number for the DCT filter for the ATAS? Or the AS in general, some things are different yet a lot of sites just seem to lump it as one bike.
Honda part# is 15412-MGS-D21
You find it on Rocky Mountain ATV MC. They show it on a part schematic.
Parzilla also has it.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Yea I did see it too, I guess my point is - quite a few sites just kinda lump the AT with the ATAS. I guessed is seen/noticed this more while looking for lower engine guards. I can’t count the times I’ve gone to a site just to find they are for just a AT (and not even a DCT at that).
OK, maybe I’m just nitpicking, but if the part fits your model of AT it should say it does, granted the 2018+ engine is the same in all AT’s with just a few extra parts for the DCT... Here’s a good point; since you brought up Rockymoutain if you go there and select parts by model you get two choices 1.) AT. - 2.) AT-DCT. no big deal right? Well suppose you have a ATAS and you want a tank bag, now what, sure it fits a standard AT but will the straps go around the larger tank on the AS? Kinda my point there are subtle differences in the 4 models and sometimes it does make a difference in the part/accessory you want to get..Tho not all places do this I do see listings saying it won’t for the AS model or the DCT model etc. etc. I’m just saying if it fits YOUR model it would be nice to know first hand, not after you get it find out that because of the the bigger tank (AS) or smaller skid plate (AT) or what ever the DIFFERENCE between the 4 models that it won’t fit...

That’s my .50 cents worth :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I go to the big online OEM sellers like Partzilla or Partsfish and look up the number for my exact model, then search for that. Many aftermarket vendors reference those. Partzilla, for one, will show model usage if you have a part number, so you can see what's common to the different models. Only works for OEM parts, of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts