Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my clutch lever on a recent off-road trip and was looking to buy some aftermarket folding ones and the only premium option I could find was PUIG. I was hoping ASV would have something but I was told they only support the brake lever right now. It seems like nothing is compatible with the AT. Does anyone have any experience with fitting good aftermarket levers or know if I can use an older bike to check for compatibility?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I broke my clutch lever on a recent off-road trip and was looking to buy some aftermarket folding ones and the only premium option I could find was PUIG. I was hoping ASV would have something but I was told they only support the brake lever right now. It seems like nothing is compatible with the AT. Does anyone have any experience with fitting good aftermarket levers or know if I can use an older bike to check for compatibility?
Take your pick:
https://www.aliexpress.com/af/honda...ative_id=SB_20180328220326&isViewCP=y&catId=0

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had the short titax from rugged roads on my AT from brand new, for around a year now. Initially wanted the ASV's as I'd had them before and for the massive range of adjustability, but as someone else stated they're not available.

Set them to no. 6, never moved them. :grin2: great build quality and a lot cheaper than the ASV's too. Plus rugged roads are outstanding to deal with. Win win!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Got this levers from ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-...h-Brake-Levers-Set-Short-Long-3D/112527260527

I bought the short "new version" in silver. Finish is great, they look really nice and don't feel cheap. However, the lever does not have any fancy material at the pivot point like the stock one does. It may or may not be a problem (wearing out or sticking), time will tell.

I was hoping to be able to clutch up with two fingers without smashing the lever in my other two fingers but my plan failed. Lever is not "short enough" for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
I tried a set of those anodized ebay ones but they actually made the clutch pull harder because the pivot point is closer to where the cable mounts reducing the leverage. And although they were about an inch shorter than stock it didn't really accomplish anything because that's still an inch too long. Said to **** with it and cut the stock lever to the right length for one finger and now it's a dream.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Honda part number for the 2018 brake lever is 53170-MKK-D01, but for the 2016/2017 brake lever the part number is 53170-MEJ-305.

Does anyone know what the difference is, and whether they are interchangeable? They look identical in the parts diagrams online.

BTW, the clutch lever part numbers are the same for 2016/17/18 models.

·
Registered
36 Posts
the only premium option I could find was PUIG
I bought a PUIG brake lever and it seems solid. Am I missing something or is this just your personal preference?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts