Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think these forums are very helpful, but there seem to be so many questions that could be answered by Honda themselves and as best as I can tell there is no actual Honda presence ( i.e. a Honda employee identifying themselves as such ). Anybody know why Honda motorcycles isn't around ( e.g. language barrier ) ? Is there a forum on which Honda motorcycles have a presence regardless of language ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think these forums are very helpful, but there seem to be so many questions that could be answered by Honda themselves and as best as I can tell there is no actual Honda presence ( i.e. a Honda employee identifying themselves as such ). Anybody know why Honda motorcycles isn't around ( e.g. language barrier ) ? Is there a forum on which Honda motorcycles have a presence regardless of language ?
A good question number3, I'm sure everyone who reads this will most likely want to know the answer.
Now rather than speculate, as we all like to do (because among other uses, that's what Forum's are for) why don't you write to HONDA and ask this same question. It will be very interesting to hear their answer (if you ever get one). :)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have been an avid user of several bike specific forums (Versys, NC700, Triumph Rocket etc) and none of them have ever seemed to have a manufacturer's member on them. However I suspect they do. If I was in the marketing department I would make sure one of my people was on as a lurker (having found the most popular forum site for that brand or model).
I can't think how else Honda would pick up the gripes that they have fixed on the 2016 NC. They have only publicised about 3 changes from the 2014 bike but there are at least 20 plus. And all of them mentioned at some point or another as minor gripes on the forums. I doubt very much whether a dealer would have the time to listen to these gripes and report them back to Honda's reps as they visit (if they visit).
It's possible that they approach a number of owners and survey them - has anyone on here been asked about the At by Honda?
BUT - if I were Honda, I would give my lurker strict instructions to resist the temptation to do anything but listen and gather info. There are all sorts of implications - legal and otherwise about a Honda rep interacting with customers via a public forum. And I suspect it would change the very nature of the forum for the existing members as the focus would shift to targeting Honda rather than inter-member discussions.
Mike
PS - having said all that Honda UK's marketing department want a kick up the backside - I can't believe that 9 months after launch they still haven;t got the 2016 accessories on the website

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been an avid user of several bike specific forums (Versys, NC700, Triumph Rocket etc) and none of them have ever seemed to have a manufacturer's member on them. However I suspect they do. If I was in the marketing department I would make sure one of my people was on as a lurker (having found the most popular forum site for that brand or model).
I can't think how else Honda would pick up the gripes that they have fixed on the 2016 NC. They have only publicised about 3 changes from the 2014 bike but there are at least 20 plus. And all of them mentioned at some point or another as minor gripes on the forums. I doubt very much whether a dealer would have the time to listen to these gripes and report them back to Honda's reps as they visit (if they visit).
It's possible that they approach a number of owners and survey them - has anyone on here been asked about the At by Honda?
BUT - if I were Honda, I would give my lurker strict instructions to resist the temptation to do anything but listen and gather info. There are all sorts of implications - legal and otherwise about a Honda rep interacting with customers via a public forum. And I suspect it would change the very nature of the forum for the existing members as the focus would shift to targeting Honda rather than inter-member discussions.
Mike
PS - having said all that Honda UK's marketing department want a kick up the backside - I can't believe that 9 months after launch they still haven;t got the 2016 accessories on the website
THIS ^^^
As soon as any company takes an active role it becomes a huge pain for them. There's no way I could do the job that the people in our company do on social media, I'd lose my cool way too quickly when responding :grin2:
From lurking they still get the benefits of crowd-sourced testing and feedback without having to turn it into a full blown customer contact channel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Too many trolls on forums. Can be difficult to handle for a corporation. It is Honda's best interest to NOT have any representation on forums.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too many trolls on forums. Can be difficult to handle for a corporation. It is Honda's best interest to NOT have any representation on forums.
I think it is in Honda's and every other corporation's best interest to be represented. Without being accountable there is a fundamental breakdown in relationship with customer. Hi-tech has recognized this and now is represented in respective forums. They have managed the trolls, perhaps even mitigated them by restoring some faith that the customers question might actually be answered.

Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts