Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Background...

Riding 40 years. Owned 30 bikes. Done some courses off road and on tracks. Advanced training with the police. Trained many others myself. And lead maybe 50 ride-outs around the world. Wrote an eBook thriller with lots of bike action in it (called "04:15"). I'm a global moderator on another forum. And I follow all types of world level motorcycle racing.

What I’m seeking…

It’s where my heads at. I want my bike to be very comfortable, smooth, have good ergonomics, decent looks, build and reliability; to work well as a genuine all-rounder (including some dual-sports / fire-trails riding when the mood takes), be affordable and something with potential to please beyond initial years of ownership.

Why the AT…
- Suspension is apparently excellent, providing a very smooth and comfortable ride
- Honda build quality and reliability is legendary, so it should go forever
- Incredible frugality claimed, giving a useful large tank range
- Good looking machine, with angles that definitely grow on you - it looks purposeful
- Adventurous rally scheme graphics; bold & characterful for a Honda
- 270 degree firing order gives the exhaust a characterful bark

Why DCT…
- DCT version is generally voted better by the journo's, especially off-road
- Super smooth seamless changes with the DCT, ideal for two-up touring
- Manual mode provides quick and pro shifter type functionality

Compromises…
- A bit low on power (95 hp and 70 torques), but sprightly at real-world speeds and stable at 3-figure speeds.
- A chain drive bike, but maintenance is much lower than it used to be

Overall…

Hopefully I’ll be very happy with the bike, which in theory arrives 3 weeks today – here’s hoping!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.