Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
I will purchase a AT Manual. I live in Aruba. Dutch Caribbean.

But my color always be Red. The Dakar Trim. But I can't understand why they change color offerings each year.
I understand everybody have their favorite color. ( As I Do! ) I see a lot of old inventory, and deals with many same color bikes stuck at dealers.
I do not understand, why manufacturers do not offer all the colors each year. My thinking will be, the dealer stock they desired qty of each color.
If a customer want a out of stock color, Order for him and sell it!.
But now for 2020, my nearest place to order will be USA. and only Black and Tricolor offered. NO RED! :mad:
I can order from Holland, but will be more expensive for the Euro Conversion, and the shipment till here.
We have local Honda Dealer. But only cars and few other things. Not much of bikes side.
I sent a email at Honda USA, asking if a customer goes to a dealer, and want this red bike, if this can be ordered, if available, or not, or any comment.
But I think over there is no humans behind pc's. automated reply: " Go to your local dealer ":mad:
Soooooo. What can I do? I like the 2020 latest upgrades. I like Manual Transmissions. I have seen in other countries, or markets, they can order almost all the colors, and have all the 6 models available: AT normal Manual and DCT. ATAS normal Manual and DCT. and also 2 more, with the electronic Suspension, again in Manual and DCT.
Where I can purchase a 2020 AT Manual in red, or Dakar Trim?

Thanks you All for your comments. Regards from Sunny Aruba.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,005 Posts
Hi All.
I will purchase a AT Manual. I live in Aruba. Dutch Caribbean.

But my color always be Red. The Dakar Trim. But I can't understand why they change color offerings each year.
I understand everybody have their favorite color. ( As I Do! ) I see a lot of old inventory, and deals with many same color bikes stuck at dealers.
I do not understand, why manufacturers do not offer all the colors each year. My thinking will be, the dealer stock they desired qty of each color.
If a customer want a out of stock color, Order for him and sell it!.
But now for 2020, my nearest place to order will be USA. and only Black and Tricolor offered. NO RED! :mad:
I can order from Holland, but will be more expensive for the Euro Conversion, and the shipment till here.
We have local Honda Dealer. But only cars and few other things. Not much of bikes side.
I sent a email at Honda USA, asking if a customer goes to a dealer, and want this red bike, if this can be ordered, if available, or not, or any comment.
But I think over there is no humans behind pc's. automated reply: " Go to your local dealer ":mad:
Soooooo. What can I do? I like the 2020 latest upgrades. I like Manual Transmissions. I have seen in other countries, or markets, they can order almost all the colors, and have all the 6 models available: AT normal Manual and DCT. ATAS normal Manual and DCT. and also 2 more, with the electronic Suspension, again in Manual and DCT.
Where I can purchase a 2020 AT Manual in red, or Dakar Trim?

Thanks you All for your comments. Regards from Sunny Aruba.
Agreed
You would think that you could at least special order one.

·
Super Moderator
6,419 Posts
Yes, request for special order should be evaluated. In general, however, motorbikes are rather low volume items outside of Asia and I reckon the supply chain will effectively support limited selection in other regions. Otherwise, they just sit in regional inventory and is an expense.

= = =

Welcome to the Forum VT18!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think the AT is a good looking bike and even looks better seeing it in different liveries and colors.... My favorite are the red, white, and, blue bikes, but I probably wouldn't like it as much if that's all I saw. I also imagine some guys got bikes that weren't the color they wanted, so new model, new color..... Higher chances to upgrade? I haven't seen an AT yet I didn't like.

There's always wraps and decal kits, protect the bike while changing its look.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,005 Posts
I think the AT is a good looking bike and even looks better seeing it in different liveries and colors.... My favorite are the red, white, and, blue bikes, but I probably wouldn't like it as much if that's all I saw. I also imagine some guys got bikes that weren't the color they wanted, so new model, new color..... Higher chances to upgrade? I haven't seen an AT yet I didn't like.

There's always wraps and decal kits, protect the bike while changing its look.
Very true about the wraps, for far less $$ then paint, you can do any color and design you want to change the looks to your liking.
Or even change colors each year without buying a whole new bike..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts