Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am interested in what front tyre sizes can be fitted to the AT and how the ABS and TC react to them. Being 196cm tall and weighing 115+kgs I have had to over tyre my trail bikes when running in soft conditions and sand. Going from 80/100 to 90/100 on my XR600 makes a world of difference. My concern with the AT is that it runs the same front tyre width as my XR and is 90-100 kgs heavier. Probably need atleast a 100mm width for off bitumen.

I raised this with my local dealer but his eyes glazed over with a technical question.

Regards Gazzman

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi All,
I am interested in what front tyre sizes can be fitted to the AT and how the ABS and TC react to them. Being 196cm tall and weighing 115+kgs I have had to over tyre my trail bikes when running in soft conditions and sand. Going from 80/100 to 90/100 on my XR600 makes a world of difference. My concern with the AT is that it runs the same front tyre width as my XR and is 90-100 kgs heavier. Probably need atleast a 100mm width for off bitumen.

I raised this with my local dealer but his eyes glazed over with a technical question.

Regards Gazzman
ABS and TC wont care its a very minor change in total dia, look up the revs per mile or km for the tire you want to put on v the stock road tire v a tall knobby (Motoz) there will not be much in it. People have fitted a wider fron on a 19inch rim with no issues from ABS and TC. The problem you might have is will they clear the front guard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SkipD the AT ECU must be geneous in allowable variance. I have heard of other bikes (european) needing setting adjustment with different tyres. Still I am hopefull of getting some feedback from those who have already tried wider tyres. I have heard of high front fender kits of the AT.

Regards
Gazzman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts