Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being winter over here (or down here) in the southern part of Aus I found I was suffering from the buffering and coldness of the wind onto my shoulders while riding my new ATAS. Even though the OEM screen provided a large degree of protection (I'm average height at 5'10) I could feel the 'push' and pressure of the wind against the top portion of my shoulders. Solution, I hand crafted a set of upper wind deflectors, attached them to the front and have noticed a big difference. They're a re-modelling of the OEM ones available. Fantastic and highly recommend you purchase a set of the Honda originals or if you're handy enough and have the equipment, make a set of your own. (TIP - insert a small but thick rubber washer behind the deflector to ensure it doesn't come into contact with the fairing. I think this also helps to alter the airflow). The haziness in the rider photo is only due to the angle of the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm sure you're right, I also have the rubber deflectors a little lower between the red decal and the word Africa, they seem to work well too, but I do feel the tank on the ATAS being wider helps a lot,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Google "Forkshield-Africa-Twin-CRF1000L"
This forum will not let me post the link since I am a new user but that should get you there.

I just put this on my AT and love it. It works. With the stock windshield it is smooth air. There is a lot of wind that comes up through the tank by the forks. This stops it and buffeting is gone. Worth the cost and looks good also.

Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts