Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Think I figured it out. Take your mirrors off and go for a spin. I did, no more beating back and forth. Thinking that the mirrors are deflecting the wind back into the rider. ( especially in the head area ). I swapped sides of my mirrors and it seemed to help. Now just wind noise. Tuck my head a little forward and down it goes away also. Now to find that inexpensive fix. ? the difference of the angles on the back of the mirrors? Pict on left is the mirrors swapped. Don.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Interesting.
I've replaced the standard OEM screen with a GIVI D1144S which is just 2 cm higher than the OEM one. It protects much more while leaving space for looking above it, which is a requirement for me (I'm 182cm tall with a slightly short torso). Only problem sometimes I feel some minor buffeting, at higher speed, that could be due the mirrors... I'll try your suggestion...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interesting

I replaced my mirrors with some I had on previous bike, the OEM ones give less viewing area
May try putting the OEM's back or remove for a trial

Have just removed the handguards and that seems to help

Have now put Triumph Exploder HG's on and gonna see how that goes

The Palmer Products Screen Kit makes a fair bit of difference for me and is very adjustable

>:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mirror extenders (mentioned elsewhere on this forum) also helped by moving mirrors away from "windblast conflict" areas......I made that phrase up but you will know what I meant!

·
Registered
42 Posts
All Reddy

Mirror extenders (mentioned elsewhere on this forum) also helped by moving mirrors away from "windblast conflict" areas......I made that phrase up but you will know what I meant!
I have extenders already, put them on with replacement mirrors

May try taking them off and putting oem mirrors back on just to see or hear what happens

·
Registered
26 Posts
Much of the buffeting and noise is actually coming up through the fork area. I installed one of the block off plastic pieces (less than $30) and it was a HUUUUUGE change.

I will have to try removing the mirrors for a ride... See what the two combined do for the issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Much of the buffeting and noise is actually coming up through the fork area. I installed one of the block off plastic pieces (less than $30) and it was a HUUUUUGE change.

I will have to try removing the mirrors for a ride... See what the two combined do for the issue.
I keep reading this but at speed on the freeway I feel hardly anything come up from that area at 50 to 80 mph. I installed a Puig screen (same height as stock) and Im extremely happy with it. Smother air and more protection. If you ask me the strange air and buffeting seems to be coming from all the odd vents and holes in the OEM shield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts