Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi AT community,
I have the standard model and want a better windscreen for touring.
I note that with the ’22 Adventure sport model they reduced the screen height from the ‘21 model and this looks like a much better alternative to both the almost non-existent CRF1100A/L screen and the ridiculously high ‘21 Adventure Sport screen. I’m 5’10“ and found a huge difference when I tucked my head down about 4 or so inches on the freeway - the buffeting disappeared and it was calm in that position.
My questions -
1. How are you ‘22 Adventure Sport owners finding their factory screen on the highway? Is it providing adequate shielding?
2. What alternatives have people found that work well on their standard 1100?
3. Does anyone have any experience with the WRS screens and if so - which particular model? (They seem to have 3 different sizes).

· Registered
32 Posts
I bought the Puig sports screen. Vanity made me select the black version but I nearly hit a kangaroo on the road this afternoon because in the medium setting it impedes a completely clear view of the road. Miss the standard screen and never needed to close my visor with that fitted. Will keep the piug for low setting use in the height of summer and go back to standard I think...

· Registered
97 Posts

· Administrator
11,173 Posts
I am 187 cm tall... The windscreen is wider at the top and in the highest position the airflow is over my helmet... The seat is in the lower position too... With the standard screen the visor was always pending down with the force of the wind...
The windscreen
Whew! Shipping to my domain is 60% of the cost of the windshield (and in Euros).

Thanks for the reference though.

· Registered
97 Posts

· Registered
731 Posts

· Registered
2020 ATAS Manual
22 Posts
Like the looks of the WRS screen, particularly the additional width at the top. But would like a shield a couple inches shorter than the stock for off road in the lowest position. Suppose I could trim two inches off.

· Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
620 Posts
This is the givi d1178b. It’s a lot better than the factory one. It looks like Givi makes 3 different sizes for the regular non adventure sport version
The only Motorcycle manufacturer that i know off in Europe are owned by the Moto Guzzi
i do not think Honda have one that is may be an explanation ?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts