Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CRF1000L DCT, Denali, Alt Rider, Camel, Mosko Moto, Knigh
20 Posts
You need M5 rubber well nuts.
Amazon link for a baggie of the well nuts

Otherwise pull the fairing - Maybe just that one side. I got mine back when I wired the Denali's, heated grips, .... though it then ate one of those neato gray clips ... awaiting for next fairing pull (never?)

Tips:
1) Put the well nuts to the windscreen first, then insert in and push windscreen UP and then start to tighten. Learned this after I lost my first one. From this forum. Works for everything but Madstad

2) If you're going to have them in place beforehand - put a 2nd one below as a dummy/spare - and it'll keep the top one in place. I did this for the Madstad as it's well nuts are metal washer backed with no spares. top of Madstad has a pin so I could only do this on the bottom - which is the main hungry fairing area that eats them.

·
Registered
2019 CRF1000L DCT, Denali, Alt Rider, Camel, Mosko Moto, Knigh
20 Posts
Hope you got it finished Simeon. I installed this same windscreen and also these deflectors. The combo makes it a MUCH more enjoyable on-road bike. Can actually hear my music and comms now.
[/QUOTE

Who makes those deflectors? I ended up with the Madstad 20" Touring but wouldn't mind a tad more deflection on the side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts