Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need recommendations for a shorter windscreen for the 2020 ATAS ES. The factory windscreen at the lowest position is directly in my line of sight and very annoying. Any idea if the windscreens for the earlier years will fit the 2020 models?

Thanks.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,976 Posts
Nope will not fit:
2020 ATAS
WINDSCREEN SET (TYPE1) (WL)
item: 64250-MKS-E20ZA

2019 ATAS
WINDSCREEN SET (TYPE1) (WL)
item: 64250-MKK-D20ZA

Reactions: DoubleThumper

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve cut down other shields that were too tall. Tape both sides cit and sand. I’m running mine one notch up right now. Have only had the bike a week, 1100+ miles. Will probably cut mine down one to two inches. Will do more riding before making the decision. It’s too tall for me for off road riding. So far everything has been on road.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Need recommendations for a shorter windscreen for the 2020 ATAS ES. The factory windscreen at the lowest position is directly in my line of sight and very annoying. Any idea if the windscreens for the earlier years will fit the 2020 models?

Thanks.
You could just order the Short Screen from the Standard model. It will fit the ATAS.

I have a ATAS ES DCT, I have ordered the short screen and will fit it for the more extreme dirt riding I do and use the larger screen for more lengthy touring rides.

The larger screen is secured by 6 screws and the shorter screen is secured by 4 screws. They are interchangeable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve cut down other shields that were too tall. Tape both sides cit and sand. I’m running mine one notch up right now. Have only had the bike a week, 1100+ miles. Will probably cut mine down one to two inches. Will do more riding before making the decision. It’s too tall for me for off road riding. So far everything has been on road.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same here... windscreen is just obstructing my view. I noticed the base model as a sweet short windscreen on. Anyone tried if that fits on the sports es?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin DCT in stealth black (non-Adventure Sports)
25 Posts
I'm hoping this isn't a stupid question, but here goes: My 2020 Africa Twin (NON-AS) has 4 mounting holes for the original windscreen, but I can see two additional mounting holes circled in the photo. I'd like to get a longer windscreen. I'm looking at aftermarket MRA, VStream, and PowerBlades, and photos show a variation of 4 and 6 mounting holes. It looks like the Adventure Sports screens have 6 mounting holes - could I install either windscreen as long as it's made for a 2020+ model? Or are there other differences that make the AS and regular models' screens not compatible.
Thanks for any guidance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The AS and Standard bikes screens are not compatible. The mounting holes are located differently since the AS has the height adjuster which the standard does not. I have the AS and had the (too tall) screen trimmed down by 4 inches at a plastics shop. I used a mate's 2017 bike as a template and marked off my screen according to the old bike. Honda sell a taller accessory screen for the standard model but not a shorter screen for the AS model. If you have the standard bike and purchase the Honda accessory screen it comes with a visor for the TFT Display, similar to the one that is standard on the AS model.

·
Registered
Honda CRF 1100 Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES DCT
5 Posts
Sure, hope the attachment works, this is the trimmed AS screen, and the donor screen used as a template on the right.

View attachment 59424
Hi!

I have a question to the mounting holes of the right screen:
It's a standard scree from a 2016-19 Africa Twin right? Are the Mounting holes on the same position like on the 2020 ATAS screen?

BECAUSE:
I would like to use a very tiny screen for summer use on my 2020 ATAS, but it's usually built for the 16-19 standard AT:

If the hole positon is the same, it should fit.

Thank you very much!
Markus
from snowy Salzburg/Austria

·
Super Moderator
6,354 Posts
Hey Markus: Welcome to the Forum.

I don't have your answer, but I swear that question came up elsewhere in the Forum. Maybe more use of the "Search Community" widget may reveal? :unsure:

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

·
Registered
Honda CRF 1100 Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES DCT
5 Posts
Thank you Double Thumper! (y)
Introduction done. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Windshields are not interchangeable on the 2020+ with the prior year models. The hole spacing is different.

·
Registered
36 Posts
But how this one mounted on the 2020ATAS?
6 holes together not compatible but if only 4... Ok waiting who can meshure and put here dimensions.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts