Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Windscreen

27K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  Dado 
#1 ·
Need recommendations for a shorter windscreen for the 2020 ATAS ES. The factory windscreen at the lowest position is directly in my line of sight and very annoying. Any idea if the windscreens for the earlier years will fit the 2020 models?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Nope will not fit:
2020 ATAS
WINDSCREEN SET (TYPE1) (WL)
item: 64250-MKS-E20ZA

2019 ATAS
WINDSCREEN SET (TYPE1) (WL)
item: 64250-MKK-D20ZA

Reactions: DoubleThumper
#3 ·
I’ve cut down other shields that were too tall. Tape both sides cit and sand. I’m running mine one notch up right now. Have only had the bike a week, 1100+ miles. Will probably cut mine down one to two inches. Will do more riding before making the decision. It’s too tall for me for off road riding. So far everything has been on road.

#5 ·
You could just order the Short Screen from the Standard model. It will fit the ATAS.

I have a ATAS ES DCT, I have ordered the short screen and will fit it for the more extreme dirt riding I do and use the larger screen for more lengthy touring rides.

The larger screen is secured by 6 screws and the shorter screen is secured by 4 screws. They are interchangeable.

#9 · (Edited)
I'm hoping this isn't a stupid question, but here goes: My 2020 Africa Twin (NON-AS) has 4 mounting holes for the original windscreen, but I can see two additional mounting holes circled in the photo. I'd like to get a longer windscreen. I'm looking at aftermarket MRA, VStream, and PowerBlades, and photos show a variation of 4 and 6 mounting holes. It looks like the Adventure Sports screens have 6 mounting holes - could I install either windscreen as long as it's made for a 2020+ model? Or are there other differences that make the AS and regular models' screens not compatible.
Thanks for any guidance!

#10 ·
The AS and Standard bikes screens are not compatible. The mounting holes are located differently since the AS has the height adjuster which the standard does not. I have the AS and had the (too tall) screen trimmed down by 4 inches at a plastics shop. I used a mate's 2017 bike as a template and marked off my screen according to the old bike. Honda sell a taller accessory screen for the standard model but not a shorter screen for the AS model. If you have the standard bike and purchase the Honda accessory screen it comes with a visor for the TFT Display, similar to the one that is standard on the AS model.

#14 ·
Hi!

I have a question to the mounting holes of the right screen:
It's a standard scree from a 2016-19 Africa Twin right? Are the Mounting holes on the same position like on the 2020 ATAS screen?

BECAUSE:
I would like to use a very tiny screen for summer use on my 2020 ATAS, but it's usually built for the 16-19 standard AT:

If the hole positon is the same, it should fit.

Thank you very much!
Markus
from snowy Salzburg/Austria

#21 ·
I went with the WRS intermediate screen. On the lowest position it's nice and short for dirt roads (like the base model 2020 AT), on the highest position its about an inch and half shorter than stock so I can see over it ok. Its also slightly wider than stock. The height is very much dependent on the riders height though, you need to work that out before buying anything.
its also reasonably priced compared to some others on offer

#31 ·
18 ATAS here, I found the stock windscreen to be too tall and run a shorter Puig Sport windscreen in warmer weather. To use the stock screen in cooler weather, I drilled new mounting holes 45mm higher and spaced out the windscreen to have more room for Zumo XT gps and phone which works well. I had to slightly enlarge the original holes on the screens with a step bit for the spacers so not to stress the windscreen. For the new holes, a 1/6th pilot hole and careful work with a step bit. The nylon spacers are super glued to the rubber wellnuts so they stay in place when swapping screens. I keep some spare bodywork pushpins in the original holes for spares as well.

Tire Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

#33 ·
I just got a National Cycle VStream Sport Touring Windscreen in the light tint (#N20068) for my 2020 AT AS DCT delivered today. I've put it on the bike but its going to be a while before I can go for a ride due to lots of snow. I ordered it because I found a lot of the air disturbance seems to be on the sides for me due to the narrow width of the stock windshield.
Grey Automotive design Sleeve Hood Font

The stock compared to the VStream. Once mounted they are nearly identical in height but the width is quite a bit more and what I was looking for. I think the new one will be a big improvement but will update in spring when I can finally go for a ride.
Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.