Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost a well nut as I was putting the windshield back on. I ordered have ordered both some aftermarket and the Honda replacements and they dont see to work. There an outter lip, but no lip to hold them in. They just slide in and out. What the heck am I missing?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I lost a well nut as I was putting the windshield back on. I ordered have ordered both some aftermarket and the Honda replacements and they dont see to work. There an outter lip, but no lip to hold them in. They just slide in and out. What the heck am I missing?
Buy a few because they can disappear into the abyss from time to time :wink2:

·
Registered
238 Posts
In future when u open the bottom 2,don’t screw them off shied completely.as u loosen them they will contract and u lift shield up and both will release threw the top key hole type opening.replace same way on shield.U can get bag of them on eBay for peanuts.honda will rob u do 2.when u change air filters u can retrieve ones u let drop behind fairings.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tip - Loosen the bottom 2 windshield bolts first and but do not remove the bolt then undo the top bolts making sure to hold the windshield in place when you do until you have the bolts out then remove the windshield with the bottom bolts still barely threaded into the bottom well nuts. Install in reverse order. If you remove the top bolts first then the weight will cause the rubber well nuts on the bottom to potentially drop behind the fairing when you remove the bottom bolts. It is not fun retrieving them.... A 5 minute job switching windshields ended up taking 2 hours to retrieve the bottom 2 well nuts.

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
I need these, Anyone know the size or part number to order?
A quick search using the Africa Twin Search Community bar at the top of the screen includes this gem:

Available at Amazon, AliExpress, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts