Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been searching here and everywhere. My bike is a 2019 ATAS. No matter how I search, crf1000l2 Africa twin adventure sport ect, I get everything. So does it matter which years and bike, meaning sport or standard? :oops:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been eye fkn that one. Been on websites and can't get a clear answer if it or others fit my bike. If there is no difference in windshield from yr to year or AT to ATAS then cool! That's what I'm trying to find out. It doesn't specify. Shows a standard.

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
I've been eye fkn that one. Been on websites and can't get a clear answer if it or others fit my bike. If there is no difference in windshield from yr to year or AT to ATAS then cool! That's what I'm trying to find out. It doesn't specify. Shows a standard.
I applied the 2019 ATAS to the search and the same model screen appeared. Perform you own search to feel the same love.

Here is the verbose URL:

www.nationalcycle.com/vehicles/motorcycle-1/honda/hondacrf1000l2africatwinadventuresports/2019hondacrf1000l2africatwinadventuresports/n20058.html

Note that in "2019hondacrf1000l2" is "l2" = L2 = ATAS.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have this screen on a 18-19 Sport? That link shows a standard and says nothing about adventure sport in description. That is what is Soo frustrating.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm asking for help for my bike. That link says "sport" but not sport in any of their description. So unless you actually have these on your Sport, you are not being helpful. Ugh!!!

·
Administrator
3,330 Posts
Relax. It isn't "instant answer" DT is excellent about answering questions and he will get to it I assure you. But people do have lives off the forum. I am sure he will answer soon enough :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
Do you have this screen on a 18-19 Sport? That link shows a standard and says nothing about adventure sport in description. That is what is Soo frustrating.
I have the standard 2019 AT.

Here is the wizard dialogue box selection:

... and the resulting URL:

www.nationalcycle.com/n20058.html

= = =

For you, the desire is for the 2019 ATAS ("Sports", baby). Here is the wizard dialogue box selection:

Note: The word "Sports" spills off the edge of the "MODEL" text box, but if you click on it, you will see it.

... and the resulting URL:

www.nationalcycle.com/vehicles/motorcycle-1/honda/hondacrf1000l2africatwinadventuresports/2019hondacrf1000l2africatwinadventuresports/n20058.html

You should be fine. I believe the fitment is similar.

Nevertheless, go to www.nationalcycle.com and perform a search for yourself. You should get the same results as I. If really in doubt, contact National Cycle. So far I like there product quality. The change over from the OEM screen took about one minute when the Batzen adjuster is used.

·
Administrator
3,330 Posts
I just did a little cross-verification of a couple of other screen manufacturers as well. Touratech for example lists their Adventure Touring Windscreen, as fitting Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L/ADV SPORTS. Puig lists the same model numbers for both the standard and Adventure Sports models. Twisted Throttle lists the MRA screen as fitting Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L '16-'19 & Africa Twin Adventure Sports CRF1000L2 '18-19.

They definitely appear to be interchangeable.

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
I just did a little cross-verification of a couple of other screen manufacturers as well. Touratech for example lists their Adventure Touring Windscreen, as fitting Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L/ADV SPORTS. Puig lists the same model numbers for both the standard and Adventure Sports models. Twisted Throttle lists the MRA screen as fitting Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L '16-'19 & Africa Twin Adventure Sports CRF1000L2 '18-19.

They definitely appear to be interchangeable.
I wonder if the "Sports" trim is faster than the standard trim? :p

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I test rode a standard then the bike I now own. Night and day difference in handling and power delivery. Off the show room floor. Came from hossing/adventuring an xl650l. But have hossed everything from dr350 cr500 xl600 husaberg 501 gsxr 1100 cbr900 ect. I didn't own a car till I was 23. Only bikes. Not new.... Been asking questions that weren't too pointed. What fits what. Thanks. Much appreciate the help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Adventure sport has 6 mounting screws and the standard bike has 4 mounting screws on the 16-19 bikes.

The standard screens fit the Atas but only using 4 of the six mountings.

I run the Atas screen on a Batzen screen adjuster using the 4 mounting points.
No trouble in the last 16k miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts