Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Carsifi dongle on its way, hopefully it will be here Monday and hopefully it will work as intended.

Anyone else have one? Does it work well?

Anyone using the AA Wireless version? How well does it work?

Anyone have the Motorola MA1? Again is it working well?

I was hoping to get the Motorola one seeing as it is the one endorsed by Google but they seem to be made of unobtanium.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Carsifi arrived today, got it paired with my phone but it just kept starting and stopping when Android Auto tried to start on the AT. Same problem I had with my phone previously when I was using the phones cable and a few others.
Hauled out the supplied cable and connected via the Anker Powerline II cable and it started up first time, will see how it performs at the weekend but so far looking good. If it continues to work well then I will bury it in the fairing some place. Might even disconnect the USB from the panel and put that under the fairing also, well if it is easily disconnected that is, never looked.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Machine

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tested it out today, it dropped out once this morning but has been rock solid this afternoon on a 3hr run so looks like I will be hauling the fairing off this evening to find a spot to hide it away :)

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, meant to say I tried 4 other cables last night and none worked, only the Anker one does but that was the same with the phone, so anyone having issues with Android Auto should try an Anker cable.

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
Soooo bizarre that the 202x Honda Africa Twins have so much issue with Android Auto and cable connection compatibility. This has got to be some requirement in the headset unit.

Honda cages with Android Auto don't appear to have problems with various [half] decent cables used by mindless drivers.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, definitely a weird one. When I first tried connecting on my AT I just couldn't, tried loads of different cables and still wouldn't. I then tried with another phone and it did connect with its own cable but would occasionally drop out. Got the Anker cable and it was perfect all the time so I tried with the previous phone and it suddenly started working no problem.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Took off the fairing etc to stash the Carsifi away from the elements.
At first I planned to see if I could unclip the USB so I could stash that underneath as well.
It just unclips easily.
Finger Cable Adapter Thumb Auto part
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Bumper

I then thought about it and decided it may not be the best idea as if I ever need to update the software I would have to strip the fairing off so I put it back and just routed the USB cable like so.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

It comes out inside here.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

I was then able to attach the Carsifi to the plastic below the Air sensor plug and tidy the cable up a bit. I made sure I mounted it with the USB C port downwards to hopefullt stop any chance of water ingress if it seeps down the cable.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior

Got all the plastics back on and it connected easily even though I was standing at the back of the bike with the phone in my pocket so looks like it will be great :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I find the myriad of tabs tedious but not having played on the earlier model AT myself I can appreciate the varying viewpoint.

As to the AA remote, after a short ride I pulled the panel to inspect and I was uncomfortable with the amount of heat the module would be exposed to that area. So my M1A is back on the handlebars.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We are having an exceptionally hot spell at the moment, been as high as 30°C over the last few weeks, normally 17-18°C is our high. The weather is killing me, much prefer the cold :D

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, delighted with it. It has dropped out 3 times, each time has been when entering a City or Town but it reconnects right away.
It is very strange whey it does that but I am wondering if maybe I am passing something that is sending out a signal which blocks the wifi in some way.

The only other issue I have had is sometimes when it connects Waze will not start properly but that is nothing to do with the dongle as it also happened when the phone was direct via the USB cable. When that happens I have to start Waze on the phone itself then it will display properly in Android Auto.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry @Hood for annoying you with this. Have been trying to set up my carsifi, so far no luck
I ended up ordering the exact same cable as you, no luck. Cable Android connection works great with my phone, so the phone should not be the issue

One Q for you: before setting up the carsifi connection (do you use bluetooth or wifi?), have you first removed the existing connection your phone had previously to the motorcycle?
In my case I have BT connection from my helmet to the phone and bike, and am trying to add BT or Wifi connection from my phone to carsifi

thanks for any tip! Cheers

1 - 20 of 34 Posts