Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Headset is connected to phone and phone and headset connected to bike via bluetooth as they were previously. Wireless dongle is connected to the phone.
First time connecting to the Carsifi I used the app to connect, once done it connects automatically.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Am giving up on this one. Have asked to ship back and for a refund. Must have spend 4 hours tinkering with settings, managed to drain my brand new battery, spent money on cables for nothing, and still not working.
When it works, this thing must be great, but.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
well I have been looking through those settings a million times by now, but your question got me started again and I see this on a forum
Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Software

I actually don't have the option "wireless AA" under "System". And I am on v 8.0
I accidentally have found how to go to developer settings
Any further hint Hood? sorrrrry

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
mmmmmmmmm ok, think I went to settings then apps then all apps and saw Android Auto there, chose it then I think I found Advanced Options and that took me to another page and then I found the wireless setting.

Will update in a bit if the info isn't how I remember.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ok,
Settings> Apps and Notifications> See all (number) apps>Android Auto>Additional Settings in App (scroll right down to see). In window that opens you should see the option to enable wireless.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok,
Settings> Apps and Notifications> See all (number) apps>Android Auto>Additional Settings in App (scroll right down to see). In window that opens you should see the option to enable wireless.
Many thanks again!
For some strange reason, I don't have the exact same as you... Sony?
Thanks though! Will try with one of my sons' phone
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just thinking, have you made sure you have the latest Android Auto installed? It is part of Android 10 onwards but on earlier versions I seem to recall it had to be installed as a separate app.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I just started an old phone with Android 7 on it and this seems to be the way to enable wireless.

Go to settings then apps then click Android Auto.
You should then see this

Mobile phone Telephony Mobile device Telephone Communication Device

Tap the settings as circled above.

You should get this, scroll right down to the bottom until you see Version and tap on it 7 times.
Mobile phone Mobile device Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device

You will get a message, OK it.

Font Material property Technology Rectangle Event

Then you can click the 3 dots on the top left and choose developer settings.

Mobile phone Communication Device Telephony Mobile device Portable communications device

Then enable wireless projection then restart the phone and see if you can now connect. I have not tried to connect with this old phone but hopefully it will work for you.

Communication Device Gadget Mobile device Portable communications device Telephony

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hood - many many thanks for taking the time to go through this. Very appreciated. Would love to buy you a couple of local beers if you ever are around in my small country.🍻
I had done that, but did not restart the phone. Will do so when I am again with the bike (unfortunately away, on 4 wheels)

Cheers again

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hopefully it will work for you. I was unable to test further as I can not get Carsifi app on the phone, looks like it doesn't support Android 7 or at least Google Play would not let me.
I could try and grab the APK and install it manually but as it would only be a test there is not really much point.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts