Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted driving lights that would come on and off when I turn on/off the bike. Went with the Diode Dynamics SSc2 combo spot/flood lights because at 870 lumen, because they would be about as bright as my standard dim of my headlight (900 lumen = 55 watts). Didn't want to blind anyone as I rode. Here's the specs on the lights:
Power (watts): 7.7
Operating Voltage: 9-16V
Current (amps @ 12.8V): 0.6

With that said, my local Honda dealership says I can wire them directly to the Accessory Ports that are behind the front faring. They said they have wired several sets of auxiliary lights on Africa Twins with no issues. Does anyone see any potential issues with this?
My bike is a 2018 ATAS.

Thanks,
Paul B

·
Registered
503 Posts
The accessory connector is on a 10A fuse, so you should be good to go.

Reactions: Paul B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Install compete. To assist anyone else, I'll go over some of the details. The lights are described above.
Taking the plastics off was time consuming, but not bad. Reassembly was pretty straight forward too. I dropped the crash bars and did all the wiring first. Just left all the wires long and cut them to size.
Once the plastics are off, you'll have to access the Accessory plug behind the dash. I chopped off the plug and used crimp fasteners on the positive and the ground.
The red/yellow is the positive and the green is the ground.
Once everything was back together I mounted the lights using Denali mounts. I like the quality and the adjustment of them. I then used a 3/8" braided mesh cover over the wiring.
Project took me about 4 hours, but I took my time and made sure of everything I was doing. Very happy with the finished product.

Paul B

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts