Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
450 Posts
That 41,2V did you measure that on the bike side or on the driver side. If it is on the driver side it could be a leak voltage. If you use a digital meter it is possible that the load is to low. Try it with an analoge meter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
i did measure it on the driver side as on the picture.
sorry, i don't have an analoge meter.
now i did test it with the driver connected to the lights and Lo-beam and DRL are working.
now i have to figure out how to switch between Lo-beam and Hi-beam.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
See if this is any use, I took a snap but to try and retain the image clarity I uploaded to a file sharing site.
Link here.
https://file.io/I83e8HKiDiCj
Hello Hood My name Giora from CA. USA i got my ATAS DCT ES on Feb 2022 after long run after tis model and got it by the delar that tis model come to usa without the fog optin on the computer all my efort to get to honda america so far are without success can i get from u the electric diagram pleas thank in advance [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,932 Posts
Hello Hood My name Giora from CA. USA i got my ATAS DCT ES on Feb 2022 after long run after tis model and got it by the delar that tis model come to usa without the fog optin on the computer all my efort to get to honda america so far are without success can i get from u the electric diagram pleas thank in advance [email protected]
The North American models seemingly do not have the option for fitting fog lights as they use a different BCU which does not have the control for them.
The easiest option for an integrated installation would be to get the Hex ezCAN and connect the lights via that, you can then control the lights in more ways than the oem setup allows and no external switches required.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
The North American models seemingly do not have the option for fitting fog lights as they use a different BCU which does not have the control for them.
The easiest option for an integrated installation would be to get the Hex ezCAN and connect the lights via that, you can then control the lights in more ways than the oem setup allows and no external switches required.
Thanks the Hex ezCAN is on the way still need the electric diagram if posible

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Thanks the Hex ezCAN is on the way still need the electric diagram if posible

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
That 41,2V did you measure that on the bike side or on the driver side. If it is on the driver side it could be a leak voltage. If you use a digital meter it is possible that the load is to low. Try it with an analoge meter.
Hello Smitf,
i have a few questions: can you drive (euro model) with only DRL?
can you drive with only low beam? or Hi beam?
is it true you can't drive with DRL + Lo beam + hi beam or Lo + Hi beam?
can you drive with Hi beam + DRL?
Thanks In advance

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
518 Posts
@Andy
In this post you wrote to NOT use Low and High Beam together, but I checked my '22 AT USA Specs, and the DRL and Low Beam are always ON, but when the High Beam is selected, the Low Beam DOES NOT TURN OFF.
It remain all 3 lighted.
Again, I would like to run only DRL on Daytime.
Or HALOS like they are called as well. :p

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
450 Posts
Andy,
I think it is what ViperTech is writing. But what I see from the schematic as controls engineer that it should be possible because the bcu is using 3 outputs. It is that I am limited in time otherwise I could some measurements on my bike. The canbus from Honda is fully locked so it will difficult to see how it is made.
May be Ghostrider knows it. He has a lot of knowledge of the bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
thanks a lot, that was just the info i needed.
now i tested some things and i figure it out.
every thing works fine now!!!
once again Thanks a lot to all of you!!!
later i give you a electric diagram to change some things if you want.
i have now the following possibilities;
1- everything is OFF.
2- only DRL is ON.
3- DRL + LO beam is ON.
4- DRL + HI beam is ON.
5- DRL + LO beam + HI beam is ON.
and for the DRL i have the possibilitie between minimum and maximum brightness ( because i have no ambient light sensor ).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Hello guy's,
Sorry for my late reaction.
I had to replace my hard-disk because my pc crashed totally.
but everything works well now, as well on my bike.
here is my little diagram from my headlight
Automotive tire Font Auto part Personal protective equipment Automotive wheel system
Handwriting Rectangle Font Whiteboard Material property
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

So it is possible to drive only with DRL !
Thanks to all of you guy's, who make this working!!!
P.s. Great forum!!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts