Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
AT DCT XADV CT125
262 Posts
82,000 kms .
is this 82,000kms on some wonderful African desert tracks?:))

we don’t know how the bikers read been ridden for this highish Miles.

I’m not sure you should be using that oil it should be mineral as per the handbook. I’m sure but could be wrong.

also in higher temperatures, this should be changed a lot more frequently and I would probably say every 2 to 4000 KMS

· Registered
2016 AT DCT with all the fruit...
59 Posts
If this is an older bike 2016/17/18, the battery may be bad. Also check the cluster of negative wires connected to the frame on the left rail under the tank.

· Registered
2016 Africa Twin DCT
2 Posts
I left Kenya touring eastern Africa, headed to Uganda then Rwanda after 1,700 kms, bike gets stuck in gear 4 or 6 whichever am at the time. Did rotate the rear tyre for the 1st n 2nd time and it was ok. 3rd n 4th was a nightmare, it was no longer working hence had to ride 40 kms to the nearest town on gear 4. This was after very steep slopes and sharp bends(twisties) which i tackled on S2 and +/- now i still have 2,500 kms remaining in the journey or head straight home 1,500 kms away. All the surrounding countries dont have a dealer. Surprisingly, the bike disengages gears after cooling for an hour or more But gets stuck in less than 50kms when is start riding again. I tried to remove the DCT filter and clean it using petrol as per a mechs recommendation that it might be clogged. Results to be known in the morning Am near Burundi border and the remaining leg is just a straight line no steep hills and the worst case scenario is ride it on limp mode home. Will it have any major effect on the engine or transmission? Any suggestions? Not in the mood for manual vs DCT bashing🫣 Same kind of thing happened on mine, ended up installing a new shift motor. If you do a real careful job take the shift motor apart, clean it and put it back together it should keep working properly.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts