Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Africa Twin fraternity!

I hope you're all keeping safe and well.

I posted a few months back on another thread about my head-on and somersault over a car. Link here if anyone wants a quick gander.

Long story short, pretty big accident (my first after riding on the roads since I was 16 - wow, that's 20 years!) and a written-off Africa Twin. The old girl put up a good fight and wrote off the Mercedes people carrier but a bent frame was enough to put the bike on ice :(

I had been to hell and back on the bike and didn't want to say goodbye to her just yet so bought the bike back from the insurance company and have been quietley building up the courage, tools, and balls to completely disassemble my written off CRF1000L (Nala) and rebuild a custom Africa Twin complete with a new frame and as much kit as I can throw at it.

A few people said they'd like to see some videos of the project so I bought some editing software and started documenting the build on YouTube.
Here's the channel - (Sorry to the forum owners if I'm not allowed to share videos, please remove if I've overstepped any policies etc:

I've posted three videos so far and things are starting to get real and very daunting but I'm determined to make this CRF something special! I would love to have the opinions and guidance of anyone that's done something similar or if you fancy watching a non-mechanic take on a big project with plenty of fails, I'm your guy.

I'm doing this thing in my garden to make it even more interesting/difficult.

I'll post this same message in a few other forums but please subscribe to the channel if you'd like to be kept up to speed on the progress!

Wish me luck!

Brewster.

PS - Special Thanks to the guys at Rugged Roads for all the support and guidance so far, absolute pro's.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Im glued to these vids Brewster and cant wait for the next instalment! doing it is one thing, but breaking it all down and rebuilding in your garden is another!! you need a shed man treat yourself lol... keep up the good work, im clueless when it comes to bike stuff so im going to learn a lot from you and be less worried about fettling with my bike, thanks bud...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts