Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, small time bike collector that is looking at the subject bike being offered at a dealership in Las Vegas for $6999. It appears this is the same bike that sold at Mecum's in January 2019 for $5775 but is now missing the bash guard and looks to have gotten a new seat cover. It also appears comparing 2019 pictures to 2021 pictures someone put around 350KM on the bike. My questions are?
  • Anyone have any info on this bike - problems, stay away from etc. It seems like the bike is making the 'for sale' circuit in very short time and wondering if there is a problem with bike. Like a bad penny making the rounds.
  • What are the top 3 things to look for problem wise?
  • Are there parts available in the UK or otherwise to keep it running or support a resto - Bash guard, mirror, etc!
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where are you located? I know of one that may be coming up for sale soon that's better than that one. They are great/simple bikes. Mine is over 90K miles on the original motor. I did over 35K miles riding around Europe. Rock solid bikes for the most part. CDIs can go out. Spline wear on the drive shaft. Low and really low yellow and red warning lights can go out, but are repairable. Parts are out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you located? I know of one that may be coming up for sale soon that's better than that one. They are great/simple bikes. Mine is over 90K miles on the original motor. I did over 35K miles riding around Europe. Rock solid bikes for the most part. CDIs can go out. Spline wear on the drive shaft. Low and really low yellow and red warning lights can go out, but are repairable. Parts are out there.
Thanks for the reply. I'm located in south central Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would appreciate a heads up if it comes up for sale or point of contact if available. Thanks.
Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts