Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great video thanks, looks like you were catching that other group toward the end there
The 'other group' were my friends as you will notice at the beginning i waited until they had all passed me before following on as i was 'supposed' to be filming them from the rear but i got baulked early on by the blue car and it took me ages to catch them back up :smile2:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I do watch Emergency biker on think it’s ITV or Chanel 4.i can see why there is so many fatal motorbike accidents on the Yorkshire dales.Sorry but that’s dreadful driving.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I do watch Emergency biker on think it’s ITV or Chanel 4.i can see why there is so many fatal motorbike accidents on the Yorkshire dales.Sorry but that’s dreadful driving.
I'm not sure why you think it's terrible driving. The video actually covers a ride from Middleon in Teesdale to Brough rather than Hawes (which would have been about another 30 minutes further on).
The road is a brilliant road with excellent visibility and one on which you can have great fun at road legal speeds. It's difficult to tell how fast the guy is going but it doesn't look excessive to me. The real visibility is always better than a wide angle action camera shows, and the guy is using the road in the way that is recommended on BikeSafe courses. The biggest risk on that road is lambs in the spring but since none come into shot it must have been taken in the autumn.
And I'm not at all surprised that he caught his pals on his Africa Twin DCT. When I rode it a few months ago with two Yamaha Tracers, I was in the lead and felt I was taking it fairly easy - they said they couldn't keep up and couldn't believe how a tall traillie automatic with skinny wheels could go so quickly on twisty tarmac.
Mike

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm somewhere in between the last two posters....OP was over 100 on several occasions...for me that's way too fast on a 60mph limit road....i.e it is licence losing speed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm somewhere in between the last two posters....OP was over 100 on several occasions...for me that's way too fast on a 60mph limit road....i.e it is licence losing speed.

Well sorry to be pedantic but i never went above 80mph all day. I have a 45T rear sprocket on which makes the (already wildly innacurate) speedo display a speed around 17% faster than the GPS readout.

You can see for miles up there!!!

Each to thier own, no harm done and as far as i can remember of the ride not one single risk taken?

I am very patient and only overtake when it is safe to do so

Ian 0:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not pedantic at all, I could only see the bike speedo on occasion ( which went to 104 from memory)
I didn't see any dangerous riding and nothing I wouldn't have done...

Each to their own indeed. Happy safe riding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice one son !! bin there done that and to finish off -- fish an chips in Hawes followed by a run across to Kettlewell / Grassington via Gayle an jobs a gud un . Just remember to keep the round black thingies on the tarmac an you've cracked it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts