Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yoshimura RS-4 Slip On. I was a little skeptical of the sound after reading some complaints that it was too loud. During normal cruising RPM's the pipe is only slightly louder than stock, but when rolling on the throttle has a nice bark. Insert is not installed at the moment. I'm pleased with the sound as is for now.

Site won't let me post Youtube link.. but if you search;

Yoshimura RS-4 Slip On - 2017 Honda Africa Twin

the video should come up.

* Video shot with iPhone, Cannon DSLR, and Polaroid Cube+. iPhone has the most accurate audio. Go figure.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nice comparison video. Thanks for that.

I have to say, I'm happy enough with the stock exhaust--think the bike sounds really nice overall, on my ATAS--not to worry about changing it soon.

But I do hear the Yoshimura as a bit "throatier."

And BTW - nice garage and setup too.

Thanks man. Gary

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you have to modd the cover that hides the cat?? the thirds pic makes it look almost factory .. i like it..
No mods needed. The heat shield (hidden) and black plastic cover attach to the cat. The fit and finish of the pipe is excellent.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No mods needed. The heat shield (hidden) and black plastic cover attach to the cat. The fit and finish of the pipe is excellent.
Do you have the factory panniers? I am considering this exhaust, however, I am concerned that it may sit too close to the factory panniers and product excessive heat. I cannot find any info on the compatibility of it with the bags....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have the factory panniers? I am considering this exhaust, however, I am concerned that it may sit too close to the factory panniers and product excessive heat. I cannot find any info on the compatibility of it with the bags....
I have the Honda panniers and the pipe is not close to the inside of the bag. The gap is about 2-3 inches. On the road it won't be an issue. In summer months at trail speeds I could see the bag getting warm, but would it cause issue? Probably not. DEI reflective tape could be used on the inside of the bag if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Honda panniers and the pipe is not close to the inside of the bag. The gap is about 2-3 inches. On the road it won't be an issue. In summer months at trail speeds I could see the bag getting warm, but would it cause issue? Probably not. DEI reflective tape could be used on the inside of the bag if needed.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts