Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey got this idea from Playhard714's thread. Thought it might be interesting to see all the different VIN production numbers and where on earth they are located. Being all these AT's where produced in the same Honda factory it might give us a perspective on how they might have been produced for the different markets and are there any matching numbers from different countries.
OK I'll start
#000051 USA

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey got this idea from Playhard714's thread. Thought it might be interesting to see all the different VIN production numbers and where on earth they are located. Being all these AT's where produced in the same Honda factory it might give us a perspective on how they might have been produced for the different markets and are there any matching numbers from different countries.
OK I'll start
#000051 USA
If the scope of your inquiry is to obtain VIN decoding information, I'm not sure what can be extracted from the last six numeric digits?

·
Registered
163 Posts
000607 Aus

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
16Rally as far as I know all the first 11 digits should all be the same other than a possible country code. What I'm getting at is my bike is 000051 but it was bought in September of 2016 several months after the guys in Europe got theirs. Is there another 000051 out there some where in another country and if not where was my bike all that time if it was the 51st bike off the line. I know this is all pretty anal and not much may come from it but I'm curious and maybe some others out there are too. Does any one know if there is a country code? My full VIN is JH2SD0417GK000051
J = JAPAN
H = HONDA
2 = MOTORCYCLE
SDO4 = CRF 1000
1 = ? NOT SURE BUT MIGHT BE A 5TH DIGIT FOR THE MODEL CODE ABOVE
7 = CHECK DIGIT
G = 2016
K = ? NOT SURE MAYBE COUNTRY
000051 = PRODUCTION NUMBER

·
Registered
62 Posts
16Rally as far as I know all the first 11 digits should all be the same other than a possible country code. What I'm getting at is my bike is 000051 but it was bought in September of 2016 several months after the guys in Europe got theirs. Is there another 000051 out there some where in another country and if not where was my bike all that time if it was the 51st bike off the line. I know this is all pretty anal and not much may come from it but I'm curious and maybe some others out there are too. Does any one know if there is a country code? My full VIN is JH2SD0417GK000051
J = JAPAN
H = HONDA
2 = MOTORCYCLE
SDO4 = CRF 1000
1 = ? NOT SURE BUT MIGHT BE A 5TH DIGIT FOR THE MODEL CODE ABOVE
7 = CHECK DIGIT
G = 2016
K = ? NOT SURE MAYBE COUNTRY
000051 = PRODUCTION NUMBER
My point exactly.
What I would like to know is if anything in the 1st 11 digits would differentiate a Manual from a DCT?

In the spirit of keeping with your proposed format:
000132 USA

I will also add: DCT, 7/16 (manufactured in July 2016)
Furthermore, digits 9 & 10 of my VIN are different than yours.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
According to everything I have read the ninth digit is a check digit and that should be different and the tenth is the year. If you have a 2017 yes it should be different.
G = 2016
H = 2017

·
Registered
62 Posts
According to everything I have read the ninth digit is a check digit and that should be different and the tenth is the year. If you have a 2017 yes it should be different.
G = 2016
H = 2017
What I meant was digits 9 & 10 from the right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just purchased new a 2016 #000057 — Location NH, USA
I like the simple color scheme (NOT rally stripes) — and the floor stock discount!

JH2 = Japan, Honda
SD0409 = ???
G = 2016
K = mfg plant
000057 = sequence number

John

1 - 20 of 38 Posts