Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope its ok to post this here/ do let me know if not.

The CRF1100 has covered approx 1200 miles over the disgusting wet, cold salty road winter in the UK.
So I figured I needed to buy a new helmet camera and start posting some videos, so here the first.
1000 mile review on a morning commute including discussing the new Sena 10c Evo cam.

Do let m know any ideas, thoughts, feedback or criticism.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Nice little vid from bright sunny England

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been a while since We have been allowed out with the ol Covid-19 Lockdown. But managed to escape for a ride and drop my thoughts on the CRF1100, mention the mods that Ive done and give you a run down on what I think of CarPlay. Let me know any comments or suggestions and thanks to anyone that watches or subscribes.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cracking video ZippysWorld, glad you've been busy modding during lock down and now getting out and about!

I know it's the camera paying tricks (at least I hope its not my eyes!) but your handlebars look like they're twisted to the left...! 🤪

Re your luggage dilemma, I've reviewed dozens of options and gone with Givi GRT709 soft bags. It was them or Mosko but price played a big part and the Givi bags fix on the racks with a proper lock and key which I'm impressed with. Still to buy racks (I know that's back to front) but that's proving harder than choosing the actual luggage! Swaying towards Outback Motortek cos they're symmetrical unlike Givi and other brands that are designed for a larger case on the left. Also got a Givi tool box to install so thats part of the consideration... 🤔 Nice problem to have!

Only last week or so got stuck into Car Play, although still fumbling around changing music tracks without cancelling the SatNav routing!! 🤦‍♂️ Interesting that you've got Siri working. I've always thought Siri is a bit sh1t at the best of times, and I can understand the benefit of having it on the bike, but it just to make a racket in my ear, like on your video. Maybe I'll try it again...

Enjoy the weather while it lasts!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cracking video ZippysWorld, glad you've been busy modding during lock down and now getting out and about!

I know it's the camera paying tricks (at least I hope its not my eyes!) but your handlebars look like they're twisted to the left...! 🤪

Re your luggage dilemma, I've reviewed dozens of options and gone with Givi GRT709 soft bags. It was them or Mosko but price played a big part and the Givi bags fix on the racks with a proper lock and key which I'm impressed with. Still to buy racks (I know that's back to front) but that's proving harder than choosing the actual luggage! Swaying towards Outback Motortek cos they're symmetrical unlike Givi and other brands that are designed for a larger case on the left. Also got a Givi tool box to install so thats part of the consideration... 🤔 Nice problem to have!

Only last week or so got stuck into Car Play, although still fumbling around changing music tracks without cancelling the SatNav routing!! 🤦‍♂️ Interesting that you've got Siri working. I've always thought Siri is a bit sh1t at the best of times, and I can understand the benefit of having it on the bike, but it just to make a racket in my ear, like on your video. Maybe I'll try it again...

Enjoy the weather while it lasts!
Thanks for watching the vid matey, nice to get feedback too.
Definitely the camera or its angles on the handlebars...nice and straight from where I sit.

Money might be the factor for me, but at the same point Ive always been sorry when I didn't pay a lil more and get what my heart says, as for the racks these look great too me...
https://www.motohaus.com/catalog/product/view/id/4075/s/pro side carrier/category/1168/

The noise on the CarPlay only appears on the video not in the headset, Siri works great on th CRF1100...give it a go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts