Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
CRF1000L | KLX300SM
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After talking with two sales guys at two different dealers a few weeks ago, I get the feeling the AT represents a strong seller due to the reviews and positive comments the AT receives.

Given the AT will sell at MSRP for the first year, one dealer said they would charge set-up, doc fee, and freight as well. Another dealer is going to charge $195 doc fee.

So, I am not very positive I'll have an AT this year. I get the MSRP, tax, and title, but beyond that, I can wait.

· Registered
CRF1000L | KLX300SM
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check in with Costco from time to time. Never can tell, the AT could show up on the available models list and you will get a satisfactory deal.

OTOH, there are some smokin deals on left over KTM 1190 Adventure's near Atlanta. Cycle Specialty http://www.cyclespecialty.com/ has 2014 1190's for $12K and 2015's for $12.5K. Maybe not hardcore dirt bikes, but good enough for most Adventure riders.

I saw them! Really got me thinking. Looking at the website, it seems those listed prices are to draw-in potential buyers. There is a message on their website that indicates additional charges such as the set-up and delivery. That makes the drive a no-go. Did I understand their message correctly?

· Registered
CRF1000L | KLX300SM
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm resigned to paying top dollar for it. The only thing that may make me hesitate is if I can't get even close to a low ball offer for my trade-in. My plan is for the trade-in offer to be the worst case scenario in case I can't get a private sale on it anyway. But if it's so low that I couldn't even accept it as a worst case scenario then that means I can't risk putting money down for the AT until I have sold my other bike.

I'm going to go see a couple of Honda dealers tomorrow, so we'll see then.

Similar outcome here. I won't trade my Concours 14, so top dollar for the AT, to me, is MSRP, tax, title/license. Oh, maybe a free tank of fuel too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.